Talk

Advanced search

Moving back - Bromley

(5 Posts)
Sallyssss Sun 02-Apr-17 15:18:42

Hi,

We are moving back from being away for 3 years and have a ds who will be going into year 6. I am at a lost what type of school would suit him. He was assessed has mild dyslexia with reading and writing, but also a "gifted" IQ (Ed psy words!!). We can afford a private school, but equally a good state school. We near Bromley. Any suggestions??

Sallyssss Sun 02-Apr-17 15:23:14

Should have also added as we have lived abroad for the past 3 years he has not followed the English curriculum and has been in a far more "relaxed" environment. They are working about a year behind. So, I am not sure he would get into s selective school.

Mary21 Sun 02-Apr-17 15:36:08

What about looking at a prep that goes to 13? Don't know the area though so can't suggest one

beautifulgirls Sun 02-Apr-17 21:05:28

In terms of the state schools you will need to contact the local authority and see where they have spaces available. Unless there are lots of places in different schools around you may not get much choice in where he goes to.
If you want to consider private options then it will also depend where has spaces available and on any assessments he takes, but you might get a bit more choice that way. Have a look at Farringtons for a private school option that may suit well and they also can go on into Seniors from there so you may prefer this as a longer term option rather than changing schools again a year later.

Sallyssss Mon 03-Apr-17 17:12:29

Thank you for your replies. Yes, I looked Farringtons. I wasn't that sure! I am going to try Bickley Park School, and some of the other Preps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now