Talk

Advanced search

Singlegate Primary School, Colliers Wood

(3 Posts)
lotusbomb Thu 30-Mar-17 16:19:25

Hi All,

My child and I are moving back to the UK after 2 years abroad. My daughter will be going into year 1 when we get back and I already know that she is going to need support with reading and writing and social skills due to a bitterly disappointing schooling experience where we currently live.

I've always known of Singlegate as being an outstanding school from living in the Merton area for many years prior to moving overseas, however I would really appreciate hearing from parents who are sending their children there now.

I'm mostly interested in pastoral care as it will be a huge change for my dd and I want to know that she will be supported in settling in to new surroundings.

She's not classed as an SEN child where we currently are but I have a suspicion she will be when we return to the UK as she will have gaps that I don't believe will be prevalent in the average Year 1 student that has had a year of solid reception schooling so I'd like to know what learning support systems they have in place, especially for literacy.

Any responses gratefully received smile

Monkey2333 Fri 31-Mar-17 09:27:41

I've no personal view on the school but it always gets positive feedback on the local Facebook sites. If you have no joy here join 'SW19 Mums network' and/or 'Colliers Wood Parents network' on FB and search for Singlegate to see lots of other people asking the same question. Watch out for the catchment area! All the best.

lotusbomb Sun 02-Apr-17 06:04:35

Thank you for your reply @Monkey2333, very much appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now