Talk

Advanced search

Twickenham vs Harrow Catholic Schools.

(5 Posts)
user1490015501 Mon 20-Mar-17 13:41:05

Hi,

My husband has been offered a job in London, but we do not know. We are looking at accommodation and schools in both Twickenham and Harrow, and are in particular looking at St. James's Catholic School in Twickenham and St. Bernadette's in Harrow. Both of these schools have 'outstanding' Ofsted reports, but I'm wondering if anyone has any first hand experience? My child currently attends a change will be huge for her anyway. I don't want any thing - such as behavioural issues - upsetting her even more. Any help would be appreciated.

SaltyMyDear Mon 20-Mar-17 13:46:10

I don't know about those 2 schools. But St Dominic's Catholic 6th form college in Harrow is very well regarded.

SaltyMyDear Mon 20-Mar-17 13:46:32

(Sorry, didn't notice this was in primary.)

Mary21 Mon 20-Mar-17 17:55:53

Not personal experience but St James has a good reputation locally. They had a new head a while back. Not sure if that has changed anything. It is a biggish school 3 form entry and usually over subscribed.There is also St Richard Reynolds in Twickenham which is much smaller and also well regarded.
Sacred Heart in Teddington has had space in the past.
Any school can and will have children with behavioural problems. It's how they deal with them that matters

ArabellaRockerfella Tue 21-Mar-17 18:36:06

I think you'll find the housing around Twickenham more preferable to that around St Bernadette's.
St Anselm's, Harrow On The Hill is a good one and a nicer area or St John Fisher in North Harrow/Pinner which is also Outstanding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now