Talk

Advanced search

And technology currently use for primary ?

(13 Posts)
hellokittymania Sat 18-Mar-17 20:05:05

Hi if you are a teacher can you tell me what technology you are using in your classrooms and what apps you find useful? I am looking to buy some iPads for a school here in the Philippines and I am just wondering what you are using in the UK? Are there free apps that you find it useful or does your school pay to access others? I really like epic and notability, but both have a small fee. I asked about these apps for a Vietnamese school and the principal told me that as government regulates but both have a small fee. I asked about these apps for a Vietnamese school and the principal told me that as government regulates Karen regulates curriculum, they could not use the apps if he was involved.

The iPads will be going to a school for children with special needs and apps like epic would be very beneficial since they also have read aloud and audiobooks

hellokittymania Sat 18-Mar-17 20:07:09

Sorry the school in Vietnam said they could not use apps if a fee was involved. I am using dictation so I am sorry for the mistakes but it Is easier than writing.

OreoDream Sun 19-Mar-17 00:44:28

iPads, interactive whiteboards (amazing invention), digital projectors, portable scanning wands, talking pens.

hellokittymania Sun 19-Mar-17 01:23:22

Where can I find talking pens?

EnormousDormouse Sun 19-Mar-17 01:38:53

The TTS catalogue (available online) has a great range of primary ICT/computing resources. It will ship worldwide.
My county technology support team also produced a great list of apps for all curriculum areas (many of which are free/low charge). I'll send if I can find it later.

EnormousDormouse Sun 19-Mar-17 01:49:21

slp.somerset.org.uk/sites/edtech/SitePages/Primary%20Computing/SEND%20Computing.aspx

Have a look at this page - there is a .pdf of apps suitable for learners with SEND

mrz Sun 19-Mar-17 06:04:03

Beebots and Probots for the computing curriculum

Scratch app for a free route into coding

irvineoneohone Sun 19-Mar-17 06:41:07

itunes.apple.com/gb/app/khan-academy-you-can-learn-anything/id469863705?mt=8

itunes.apple.com/app/duolingo-learn-spanish-french/id570060128?mt=8

marcopront Sun 19-Mar-17 07:33:23

A couple of questions.

Will the school have internet?
How easy is it to download apps?
Will they be able to use apps that require internet?

Are they going to be able to charge the iPads easily?

How confident will staff be with using iPads?

marcopront Sun 19-Mar-17 07:40:17

I know my previous message may have come across as negative but have a look at this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global-development/poverty-matters/2013/jun/27/kenya-laptops-schools

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/35708890

hellokittymania Sun 19-Mar-17 20:19:39

Marco, I met with school principal on Friday to teach her how to use accessibility features. I can train them if needed.

They can charge the ipads but internet can be hit and miss.

Thank you for the links! smile

marcopront Mon 20-Mar-17 11:43:51

Another link this time with apps

http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2016/01/a-handy-chart-featuring-over-30-ipad.html?m=1

marcopront Mon 20-Mar-17 11:44:51

I hope this is clear enough

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now