Talk

Advanced search

Bristol independent schools?

(3 Posts)
LilyRose79 Fri 17-Mar-17 17:09:55

Does anyone have children at Clifton High School, Fairfield School in Backwell or Redmaids? We are interested in moving our year one daughter somewhere nurturing and supportive with small class sizes. She possibly has dyslexia/dyscalculia but too young to formally diagnose. We recognise due to this problem she may fail to meet their academic requirements but she is not getting the support she needs at her current school. Any experiences appreciated. Thanks

artistictemperament Tue 21-Mar-17 21:49:20

Hello - I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those schools but I know that quite a few girls from Bristol go to Westonbirt in Tetbury which is renowned for being nurturing and supportive and great SEN. I picked the prep school for my dd who has dyslexia and wasn't thriving in her old school. She has now gone up to the senior school and has make huge strides in all subjects. Have a look at the Good School's Guide as it goes into quite a bit of detail as to why Westonbirt is particularly strong in it's learning support.

2014newme Thu 23-Mar-17 07:50:41

I think redmaids is quite academic although not sure whether it's selective entry or not. The other two don't have selective entry I don't think.
The Downs and Torwood I also have heard are nurturing.
I have no idea what the sen support is like though, you'd need to have a look at them all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now