SATS Year 2

(6 Posts)
whycantilogin Mon 13-Mar-17 18:51:25

Hi, school have vaguely mentioned that the children will be assessed in June but other than that I don't know anything about these. I think it is best that my daughter is assessed without any prepping - so that any problems are highlighted. What do others do about this?

mrz Mon 13-Mar-17 20:31:47

SATs are in May unless you're very lucky (as we are) and have been selected to do them in April hmm
Most schools make the tests very low key although most teachers will prepare the children so they are familiar with the format.

The results aren't reported anywhere.

TinselTwins Mon 13-Mar-17 20:34:19

it's not for your daughters benefit why, it's the gov assessing her teachers, and a teacher would have to be v brave and/or close to quitting or retirement to not prep their class…..

WigglyWooWorm Mon 13-Mar-17 20:36:44

Our school has just issued revision guides to year 2 sad

I was shocked. My child is in reception so is going through a completely different system to the one my eldest went through (who didn't even know they were sats)

TigerDragonMonkey Mon 13-Mar-17 20:42:15

Our school is not even telling the kids they are taking a test. They just sit them down on the day and tell them they're going to do 'an activity'.

TinselTwins Mon 13-Mar-17 20:46:38

If you wanna support your kid through the yr2 SATS, do fun stuff about non STEM subjects.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now