Talk

Advanced search

Space museum?

(12 Posts)
muddyfootballkits Sat 04-Mar-17 21:52:10

My 5 yr old is learning about space and I want to take him for a trip out to learn more. We are near Manchester. Can anyone recommend a museum ?

tooclosetocall Sat 04-Mar-17 21:59:41

I can't think of anywhere better than the National Space Centre in Leicester. Have been several times with school children and with family. Well worth it. It's not local for you but it's doable as a full day trip

bionicant Sat 04-Mar-17 22:00:18

leicester has a space museum shock

Sunseed Sat 04-Mar-17 22:02:51

Spaceport in Liverpool?

se22mother Sat 04-Mar-17 22:15:41

Jodrel bank used to be good

Tomorrowillbeachicken Sat 04-Mar-17 23:05:32

My five year old found the national space centre in Leicester a little boring.

TwoLeftSocks Sat 04-Mar-17 23:15:57

Both the National Space Centre and Jodrell Bank are good.

TwoLeftSocks Sat 04-Mar-17 23:29:59

Jodrell Bank is probably considerably closer to you, it's got a space information/ activity centre as well as the really huge and very awesome radio telescope dish, and a small playground. Our youngest enjoyed it at 4yo.

muddyfootballkits Sun 05-Mar-17 14:58:25

Thank you everyone. Will look into these suggestions now!

Ginmummy1 Mon 06-Mar-17 09:04:32

Another vote for the National Space Centre in Leicester. My DH took DD there when she was four, as her nursery were doing a space themed month. They went with the aim of learning a couple of facts about each planet, and had a brilliant time and she learned so much.

DD is now six and in Y1, and is still interested in space, and we've returned numerous times (we live an hour away). There's a bit too much to cover it all in one trip, but you get an annual pass.

If you do go, bear in mind that the cafe gets busy and is slow, so either have lunch early or bring your own!

Bluebird23 Tue 07-Mar-17 18:58:06

The World Museum in Liverpool is a good day out. I believe they have some activities coming up about Space - the website should have some information.

Rae82 Tue 07-Mar-17 19:58:47

Space museum is fab, the science museum has some great exhibits swell. I know that this isn't a museum but my kids love making stuff and science and they love www.youtube.com/kidsinventstuff smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now