Talk

Advanced search

Audio book recommendations (educational)

(5 Posts)
Itscurtainsforyou Sat 04-Mar-17 21:19:04

I'm looking for recommendations for fun ways of teaching children, especially things like apps and audio books as I think they're easier to go through together (& can be done anywhere).

We have a science-type audio book called "George and the secret key to the universe" which has gone down well, but can anyone recommend more?

I saw some "horrible geography" books that would be ideal, but can't find them on audio book.

Any ideas?

Thanks smile

IadoreEfteling Mon 06-Mar-17 19:50:56

www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Scientists-Discoveries-Junior-Classics/dp/9626344407/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1488829809&sr=1-1&keywords=junior+classics&tag=mumsnetforum-21

This is a great series op, covers all sorts. I dont go through this with my dc though grin they listen at bedtime.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 07-Mar-17 10:20:47

Sounds ideal! Thank you smile

mrsmortis Tue 07-Mar-17 12:48:18

Audible.co.uk has a lot of the Horrible history books. And the My Story books which are historical fiction.

BlueChampagne Tue 07-Mar-17 13:29:02

Not exactly audio books, but we have found Professor Mathmo's Voyage to the Times Tables, and Decimals and Other Essentials to be fun listening in the car. Possibly a bit bouncy for bed time.

Also a good way for kids to access stories in advance of their reading ability.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now