Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask for a refund?

(14 Posts)

Hi, I paid for my daughter to go away on a school residential for 5 days. She came back after 3 due to feeling poorly, so should I ask for a refund for the 2 days she didn't do?

MsMarvel Mon 27-Feb-17 22:34:33

No.

HTH

PurpleDaisies Mon 27-Feb-17 22:35:17

You could certainly try but I doubt you'll get anywhere. It isn't like another student could have filled her place on the activities. There's nothing to lose by asking though.

wobblywonderwoman Mon 27-Feb-17 22:35:22

The school would still have to pay for the facilities and activities so they couldn't refund.

rollonthesummer Mon 27-Feb-17 22:36:59

I hope this isn't serious?! Do you imagine that the residential facility will give the school their money back, so they can return it to you?

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 27-Feb-17 22:38:04

Seriously? No. Just, no.

TheBitterBoy Mon 27-Feb-17 22:38:11

If you came home from a family holiday in the same circumstances, the only way you would get money back is through your own holiday insurance. You would not (I assume) expect either the holiday company or travel agent to repay you?

If you booked a holiday but left early would you expect a refund? Or bought a meal in a restaurant but didn't finish it?

WatchingFromTheWings Mon 27-Feb-17 22:42:59

YABU. I'd imagine all the costs of the trip would have been split between everyone going. So there's nothing to refund.

Permanentlyexhausted Mon 27-Feb-17 22:44:29

No, you shouldn't.

Witchend Mon 27-Feb-17 22:56:24

No.

Last year ds had an illness that went on and on, which included feeling dizzy and extreme tiredness. The school requested he didn't go on the school trip that I'd paid for before he became ill.
Didn't even occur to ask for a refund.

Although I did get very stroppy when they complained he hadn't done his homework that week-which was to write about the tip. hmm

BackforGood Mon 27-Feb-17 23:08:21

No. You can't get a refund, so yes, YABU, (even though you are in Primary Education)

IamFriedSpam Tue 28-Feb-17 09:51:34

Unless the school took out insurance that covers sickness then no certainly not. The bed, staff wages, coach etc. would still all have to be paid for whether or not your DD used them.

IamFriedSpam Tue 28-Feb-17 09:52:28

Although I did get very stroppy when they complained he hadn't done his homework that week-which was to write about the tip.

Lol - that would have been a very short write up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now