Talk

Advanced search

Sum Dog what level is your dc on in year 4 if good at maths?

(7 Posts)
WillBeatFebruaryBlues Sun 19-Feb-17 19:19:15

Dd has not done it for ages just wondering what level she should aim for?She is good at Maths in Year 4.

lljkk Sun 19-Feb-17 19:37:37

sum Dog?

We get that emerging-meeting-exceeding lingo. DS is exceeding, so I suppose that means "pretty good" at math.

catkind Sun 19-Feb-17 22:28:24

It's an online maths game lljkk! DC's school use it too.

As far as I can see it starts them where it starts them and then they work through all the levels from then on. Can you or teacher get it to reassess her starting level so she doesn't have to work through lots of easy levels if she hasn't played for ages?

DS is yr 3 and stalled somewhere in the year 5 levels because the next level needs written methods he hasn't been taught. So I guess it depends on how much she plays and whether you want to teach ahead or not.

anxious2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 20:04:18

Mine's a blue whale.

WillBeatFebruaryBlues Mon 20-Feb-17 20:31:46

grin its an on line learning tool for dc in school.

catkind, she has got to level 5 now but only on one game confused but seems to be doing well again. She has suddenly got into it and found a competitive streak hmm

Blue Whale anxious confused

anxious2017 Mon 20-Feb-17 21:31:05

Ours are ranked using animals?

catkind Tue 21-Feb-17 01:36:16

The animals are just how much they have played, nothing to do with the level they're working at.

The pets and their tricks are how many levels they've passed, they start at whatever skill level it assesses them at and only get new tricks when they complete skills above their starting place.

It doesn't matter which game they play, the maths is the same. DS tends to do tower climber or the submarine one if he wants to pass skills quickly as they give you time to think and a good number of questions per game.

If you go to select skills/turn on filters you can see whereabouts they are in the curriculum, though I guess it's only loosely linked as I think was originally US based?

Goodness, I know too much about this game don't I? DS gets it for homework challenges and I tend to keep an eye on what he's up to or it mysteriously turns into Plants vs Zombies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now