Talk

Advanced search

Parsons Green Prep or Sinclair House School?

(7 Posts)
allthesponges Thu 16-Feb-17 21:41:45

Any thoughts on the above schools?

allthesponges Tue 21-Feb-17 16:49:49

Anyone? Would be grateful for some experiences of either school.

Rgm1 Sun 26-Feb-17 15:04:37

Parsons Green Prep - a great school with an amazing community feel. I have two children here who have been extremely happy for the past 4 years. Yr 6 children all seem to do very well with moving on to next schools.

allthesponges Sun 26-Feb-17 16:00:47

Thank you - that's really helpful and sounds very positive!

benantha Wed 15-Mar-17 22:36:37

I read online that Parsons Green Prep change headmasters frequently. Would anyone happen to know why? I am a bit concerned about this. Our kids got into Parsons Green Prep and I would like to accept the offer but worried about frequent change of upper mgt. Thanks in advance.

Hamful Tue 27-Mar-18 13:52:38

Sorry I didn't come across this earlier. ex PGP mum here.
- school does change the heads frequently there was 4 changes of heads in the last 5 years.
- school doesn't retain good teachers. there's a very high turn around.
- the culture of the school is parent intolerant
- they are not overly academic either. their test results depend highly on the year's children and parents have to do extra leg work to get into the schools of their choice.
- they are known to escalate conflict situations unnecessarily. usually by year 4 parents begin to run for hills to other schools . this will explain the small number of students in the year 6 group.

if you are looking for lovely small school environment - Sinclair House, Fulham Prep Junior are far better choices.
I hope it help someone in the future making this choice.

Marmitepeanutbutterandhoney Tue 27-Mar-18 14:02:28

I couldn’t agree more with the above post.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: