Talk

Advanced search

Termly tests and SATs

(6 Posts)
allmixedupreally Thu 16-Feb-17 18:05:17

Advice please

I know curriculum and SATs boundaries have changed but just looking for a rough guide really.

Is it possible to roughly estimate the level a child could achieve at Year 6 SATS based on yr 4 and 5 assessments. for example if DD yr 4 is consistently achieving approx 80% at English tests and 90% at Maths since yr 3 and this pattern continues, could that equate to a 4 in English and 5 in maths at SATs

Thank you

mrz Thu 16-Feb-17 18:12:38

I'm afraid not

golfbuggy Thu 16-Feb-17 18:13:08

Um, Level 4 and 5 in SATs don't actually exist any more.

And without knowong how your school's assessments work it's virtually impossible to know.

irvineoneohone Thu 16-Feb-17 18:48:49

Agree with levels, they don't use it anymore, unless your school still uses it for some reason.
But if she is constantly getting 80+% for termly tests, I would assume she is on course for getting good grades for KS2 sats?

PatriciaHolm Thu 16-Feb-17 19:50:12

Unfortunately not, as others have said, for several reasons.

Levels as you refer to do not exist any more. This year the SATS results were a score, max 120, but if your DD is only Yr4 this could be all change even by the time she does the tests!

Also, tests done in school in Yr4 are likely to be a very different format and style to the SATs types of tests - SATS are far more formal, and test a specific type of knowledge. It could be that the schools tests are relatively easy in comparison, for example.

Your child is clearly doing quite well. Is there a reason for worrying about SATs now?

allmixedupreally Thu 16-Feb-17 21:22:21

Thank you everyone -

Patricia - I'm not worried as such but I do like to be informed so that I can continue to support at home. Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now