Talk

Advanced search

Is it too early for a school admissions support thread?!

(9 Posts)
Wishfulmakeupping Thu 16-Feb-17 07:44:48

I wish I were joking but I've moved specially to be in this catchment only a few months ago and I'm panicking a bit now- school oversubscribed last year and lots more houses built since then! Eeek
Anyone else having a nervous wait for April?!

smellyboot Fri 17-Feb-17 15:44:12

People will be. Its only 2 months away

MiaowTheCat Mon 20-Feb-17 10:34:13

I'm not too worried about it - DD1 is already at the school and we're very close to the distance measuring point and in catchment and it's only ever so slightly oversubscribed anyway so we're fairly confident we'll get in on sibling priority in catchment criteria anyway (school's an academy that still have that very high on their admissions criteria). Fairly confident DD2 will just follow her sister. I'm not 100% happy with the school (like all the parents I loathe the head) but DD1's happy and settled there and her teacher really seems to "get" her - so I figure that's really the important stuff.

I'd like to know just for the uncertainty factor being eliminated (and so I can clean out the second hand uniform stall at the summer fayre) - takes me so long to get the motivation up to sort out name labels I need months and months to tackle the mountain!

I'm counting the months till I don't have to do separate school and nursery runs and can just do a nice walk across the field to drop off both of them!

Wishfulmakeupping Thu 02-Mar-17 07:03:40

Reading through the secondary school thread yest and seeing those that didn't get their first choice catchment school has made me even more nervous argggh long wait for April

SquirmOfEels Sat 04-Mar-17 11:48:04

England's national reception offers day is 18 April, a Tuesday so results should all be out within a few hours of each other (presumably London will be sticking to its usual 5pm?)

The numbers getting their preferences were down for secondary schools, but the majority got first choice (about 2/3rds) and then a higher proportion got something they'd named on the form.

Ilovewillow Sat 04-Mar-17 11:51:55

Never too early! We are pretty sure we will get our choice as we are in catchment and his sister is at the junior feeder school. I hope so anyway we only put one choice!!

paddypants13 Mon 06-Mar-17 15:22:10

I'm so excited about this. We are in a good location though. I visited 6 of the 7 schools within 20 miles (rural area) and had space for 5 schools on application. Tbh I would be happy with any of the 7.

Friolero Mon 06-Mar-17 15:28:50

We should be ok as have a sibling place, but I'll still be relieved to see it confirmed as sibling numbers seem to be going up.

Tomorrowillbeachicken Mon 06-Mar-17 16:05:39

I think there is already one of these threads.
I did this last year. Good luck all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now