Talk

Advanced search

iPad app for handwriting?

(4 Posts)
Mehfruittea Wed 15-Feb-17 18:22:42

Can you recommend one?

DS Reception is doing ok but not following the correct letter formations e.g. He will write H without taking pen off the page, same with X. We do plenty of writing practice at home but he does not want to be 'instructed' or shown. He's quite wilfull and I don't want to discourage him by being overly formal.

He responds well to educational games on the iPad. Any recommendations for an app that will 'force' him to write the correct formation before he can continue?

Paffle Wed 15-Feb-17 18:36:04

Try searching L'Escapadou. I think they do both printing and cursive.

mrz Wed 15-Feb-17 19:29:34

*"*^*He will write H without taking pen off the page,*^*"* Are you talking about capitals or lower case?

Mehfruittea Wed 15-Feb-17 22:48:36

Thanks Paffle I will look that one up.

Mrz - in capitals for H but pretty much all letters he won't take the pen off the page. For a t he will do the first line ok, then re-trace the line back up to make the line across. Same with x and so on. He's not one for sitting quietly and doing this anyway, so when he does start writing I don't want to be overbearing with trying to show him the right way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now