Talk

Advanced search

HELP! World Book Day tomorrow............

(15 Posts)
fannyannie Wed 28-Feb-07 14:18:21

and I still haven't got a clue what book character to send DS1 as. Needs to be something simple that eithe

a) doesn't involve too much (ie none if possible LOL) 'making'

b) doesn't cost too much money to buy bits to make the outfit "look" like what it should be.......

fannyannie Wed 28-Feb-07 14:30:46

somebody, anybody?? I really need your help - I'm possibly the worlds most unimaginative mother - and when I pick up DS1 in 3/4 I have to go to town.....

marymoocow Wed 28-Feb-07 14:33:47

my ds went as Horrid Henry last year. Just wore his own clothes, gelled his hair up a bit, and made his face look a bit dirty.
Worked a treat.
His friend did similar and went as Dennis the Menace, but obviously had stripy top.
hth

sockmonkey Wed 28-Feb-07 14:36:05

Woolies have some pretty good dressing up clothes in, but I'm not sure how expensive they are.

Sorry I have not much imagination either.

Spidermama Wed 28-Feb-07 14:37:27

Mr Bump. Dressed all in blue with blue face and hands and a couple of big bandages (torn white sheets) one round head and one round bum.

foxtrot Wed 28-Feb-07 14:47:20

fannieannie, do a search with world book day in the title, ther's several threads
DS1 is going as a cat character, just clothes in appropriate colours and we have made a mask from funky foam.

TenaLady Wed 28-Feb-07 14:54:06

What have you got to work from? Any dressing up clothes at all that you can adapt?

fannyannie Wed 28-Feb-07 17:32:35

lol Dressing up clothes.......nope none at all in this house.

Anyhow, I've just been to town and cheated - he's going as Peter Pan - courtesy of a £15 spend at Woolies

TenaLady Wed 28-Feb-07 21:48:13

Mine is going as Robin Hood, I can hardly see this screen as ive been running up the boots and the quiver holder thingy and my eyes have gone a bit fuzzy.

curiosity Wed 28-Feb-07 21:50:19

Oliver Twist.

old, tatty, dirty, slightly too small top n trousers,

metal dish.

curiosity Wed 28-Feb-07 21:50:43

oops too late, lol.

Rhubarb Wed 28-Feb-07 21:51:45

My ds also has a chance to dress up as his favourite character.

But I'm a bad mummy and refuse to make or buy a bloody outfit he wears once.

So he is going as James in 'James and the Giant Peach' - little boy. Sorted!

TenaLady Wed 28-Feb-07 21:56:55

Awe Rhubarb, hope he doesnt feel left out. I mean did you even get him a peach?

Rhubarb Thu 01-Mar-07 09:24:56

Actually I do feel really really guilty now! They are all dressed up in costumes and he isn't!

But then last Halloween I made an effort and dressed him as a pumpkin, but half the nursery came in ordinary clothes, so for this I just thought sod it, no-one will make the effort. But it seems I was wrong!

Oops!

Ceolas Thu 01-Mar-07 09:28:22

We got a letter on Tuesday about this. DD's birthday party was yesterday afternoon so I left it until last night to do anything about it. Just what I sodding needed!

It wasn't too bad actually. DD2 is Winnie the witch. We had a witch costume in the dressing up stuff. DD1 is Polly the Party fairy, blue tshirt and blue trousers with wings safety pinned to her back. She asked me on the way aout the door for a wand. I managed to restrain myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now