Talk

Advanced search

daughter behaviour at school ,advice please

(4 Posts)
roseteapot101 Thu 09-Feb-17 15:58:02

Hiya my name is Josephine my daughter is in year 1 at school.My daughter is delayed and has had trouble but was settled.She was lucky she had the same teacher from reception through till year one and by working with her our daughter was happy and behaved at school.

But now she has had to suddenly leave due to ill health they have a new temp staff till end of term.My daughter now hates school and has started to act up very badly.

I just dont know what to do she just seems to be getting worst.I always praise her for being good at school and reward her good behaviour.But this does not seem to be working now .Problem is i cant just ask her she has always had the hardest time telling me how she feels and day to day events.The most i get from her is i hate school or i dont want to go

=/

HolesinTheSoles Thu 09-Feb-17 16:02:52

flowers What a shame the other teacher left. You definitely need to make an appointment at the school with the new teacher and perhaps the SENCO. Are you aware of the strategies her old teacher was using with your daughter?

roseteapot101 Thu 09-Feb-17 16:09:52

thankfully its parent teacher evening after half term thus why i am asking.Maybe get some ideas on what to ask.

Her last teacher listen to us she realised by talking to to my partner and i .She needed to keep questions short and to the point and that she was a visual learner.

she has always been a slow learner when it comes to speech and listening.But oddly quick when it something she can see she has a knack for being observant.

SalmonFajitas Thu 09-Feb-17 16:55:28

Is your DD diagnosed with any SEN? I would bring everything you want to say in writing and perhaps request that SENCO is present at parents evening or afterwards. Was there any transfer meeting between old teacher and new? It's a shame there apparently has been much consistency in the hand over - naturally it's going to be hard for your DD.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now