Talk

Advanced search

Resources for homework

(10 Posts)
PotteryLottery Sat 04-Feb-17 21:00:01

DD in Y3 is getting homework on things like volcanoes.

Growing up, my parents bought me Encyclopedia Britannica, which they could I'll afford, but what is the best resource nowadays?

Either hard copy or online.

irvineoneohone Sat 04-Feb-17 21:14:12

primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/

irvineoneohone Sun 05-Feb-17 17:10:23

And this.

interactivesites.weebly.com/science.html

TeenAndTween Mon 06-Feb-17 08:50:27

We have a DK children's encyclopaedia
Also we've picked up various books from Oxfam bookshop over the years

I don't really like using online as first port of call as finding the right level of info can be very hard, and then there is the tendency to copy and paste ...

irvineoneohone Mon 06-Feb-17 09:10:49

I do get what you mean, Teen.
I do prefer using proper encyclopedia as well. We do have some at home, but information is so limited. Our local library doesn't even have decent selection on those either. So we normally end up using online resources in the end.( Like last evening, he suddenly remembered he had some research home work to do!)

Seeline Mon 06-Feb-17 09:13:55

BBC bitesize covers KS1 through to GCSE - it's brilliant
Second the primary homework help site as well.

irvineoneohone Mon 06-Feb-17 09:26:52

I missed the bit teen mentioned about oxfam. We have DK, Usbourn, and few other children's encyclopedias, all picked up through the years from charity shops! They always seems to have stocks.

irvineoneohone Mon 06-Feb-17 09:28:08

Weird, I didn't link that ox***, it did it itself!

bojorojo Mon 06-Feb-17 10:20:12

If you can get to the Science Museum in London, they have a great display on volcanos. I have not checked, but I suspect there are videos available showing volcanic eruptions. This would bring it to life much better than a book as it is spectacular. The Science Museum might be a great resource for this as well.

TeenAndTween Mon 06-Feb-17 10:52:22

I didn't link Oxxxx either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now