Talk

Advanced search

Green Gables Montessori Primary School?

(6 Posts)
USmamma Sat 04-Feb-17 01:58:17

Hello wise parents,

My husband and I are re-locating our family from Boston, USA to Bloomsbury, London in March and April. Both he and I will be working, so we are hoping to put our oldest daughter (nearly 6) in school and find a nanny for our son (7 months).

We have found a spot for our daughter at Green Gables Montessori Primary school. Can anyone give me a recent review of the school? (I found some older reviews but they were posted right around the time the primary school was opened, and I imagine much has changed).

Also, can you give me advice about the appropriate year in which to place our daughter? In the US she is in kindergarten, which is all about learning how to read and add and subtract. Is that equivalent to Reception or Year 1?

Anything else we should know as we embark on this exciting (and terrifyingsmile adventure?

Thanks!

-Sarah

Soozikinzi Sat 04-Feb-17 02:41:07

Have you looked on Ofsted?

ninnypoo Sat 04-Feb-17 19:29:28

At nearly 6 she will be going into a Year 1 class, but may be 'behind' as the work you have described is more typical of a Reception class.

USmamma Sat 04-Feb-17 21:17:37

Thanks so much! I looked the school up on Ofsted, but all I found was something that said good. Does anyone have any firsthand experience there?

-Sarah

Mary21 Sun 05-Feb-17 09:10:23

reports.ofsted.gov.uk/index.php?q=filedownloading/&id=2534922&type=1&refer=0

Lowdoorinthewal1 Sun 05-Feb-17 20:46:45

The link Mary put up says the school has no outside space. I would not choose a school with no outdoor space of it's own. Trips to the public park wouldn't cut it for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now