Talk

Advanced search

North London prep schools

(4 Posts)
TacticalPaella Tue 31-Jan-17 16:21:51

Hi Everyone. We are considering prep schools and are struggling to find any recent discussions on two particular schools. Does anybody have any views or experience of Salcombe Prep (in Southgate) or Norfolk House School (in Muswell Hill). Any experience or anything anybody may have heard will be much appreciated.

holepunchkid Tue 31-Jan-17 20:26:38

NH is a bit of a Marmite school - some love it and say is small and nurturing, others find it cramped. It is very much a crammer for the 11+ but I'd assume everyone is tutored too. Southgate and MH aren't that close - don't forget to factor in the commute in school run traffic.

Otterspotter Tue 31-Jan-17 22:48:30

Yes I second the point about distance- we are in Bounds Green and I drove ds to school at Vita et Pax for his nursery year so only 2&a half days a week and ecen that got very tiresome!

gigglesgiggles Wed 01-Feb-17 14:40:32

I have 3 children at Salcombe. The main downside I think is the size - it's tiny and they don't have much in the way of facilities. It's also very academic from a young age. But on the whole I'm really happy with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now