Talk

Advanced search

Manor Lodge vs St Albans High School for Girls (Wheathampstead)

(9 Posts)
user1485811901 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:39:09

Any views on advantages of ML vs STAHS or downsides to either please? Thanks

MynameisMummy Mon 30-Jan-17 21:41:41

Do

Eastpoint Mon 30-Jan-17 21:43:11

I don't know how much Jenny Brown has to do with the juniors at SAHSG but she is fabulous.

MynameisMummy Mon 30-Jan-17 21:44:54

Whoops - sorry. Know nothing about Manor Lodge, but been hugely impressed with STAHS, having moved from another prep school. They are professional, conscientious teachers and the girls all seem to get along together very well. It's not flashy like many prep schools - but it's not all smoke and mirrors. They do what they say they do. Would highly recommend.

MynameisMummy Mon 30-Jan-17 21:47:36

I don't know how much Jenny Brown has to do with the juniors at SAHSG but she is fabulous.

Completely agree. She's a definite presence in front of the junior girls if not in charge day to day. The prep school head (Mrs Rowe) is excellent as well.

justme00 Sun 11-Mar-18 23:35:31

MynameisMummy - thanks for sharing your opinion. I am in the similar situation of moving preps mid way (before 11+). Is your child happy there and getting enough of support`? What about sports like tennis and swimming? I am in two minds now as my kid is in a nice posh prep now but they are not great academically........

justme00 Mon 12-Mar-18 09:29:27

do they have Saturday school in SAHSG prep?

mumsie2007 Wed 14-Mar-18 22:36:58

OP, how old is your daughter? I have 2 girls at ML. I would say that if you are not too far off the 11+ and would be happy for your daughter to stay at St Albans then that might be a less stressful option. The 11+ prep at ML is intense and many girls go to St Albans from there anyway so you would haven't the 11+ pressure.

justme00 Wed 14-Mar-18 23:08:03

Hi Mumsie2007
thanks for the reply. MY DD is 8 and I am in two minds whether to move her to a better prep eg. ML or SAHGS or keep her where she is and hire an army of tutors as the school does not seem to do much...Strongly considering moving her but its such a difficult decision to make when the kid is established and made friends...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: