Talk

Advanced search

Notting Hill and Ealing Junior School

(10 Posts)
LondonMum8 Thu 26-Jan-17 09:37:02

Hello, would someone with recent direct experience be kind enough to share their view regarding this school? The senior school is by all accounts excellent academically, but how does the Junior school fare, particularly in comparison with top local state schools such as Montpelier? The ISI report does point out a gap between the senior and junior departments.

They also advertise an after school club running until 6pm, with staff potentially helping out with homework, and we are wondering how that works out in practice.

Any tips on the 7+ interview would be highly appreciated too.

Many thanks in advance.

horsemadmom Thu 26-Jan-17 14:18:13

I'm afraid I have nothing useful to say about the junior school. However, if you and everyone else considering NHEH could possibly not go, then NLCS could have Mr. Shoults back. He is utterly brilliant , kind, , inspirational and very much missed even after a few weeks. He is irreplaceable. So, pretty please!
PS. Same goes for Miss Moss (head of English)

LondonMum8 Thu 26-Jan-17 14:41:56

Thanks a lot horsemadmom for the helpful and generally encouraging point, altough to the extent that Mr Shoults will actually be involved in running of the Junior School.

I presume NLCS has been strong on the STEM front, despite Mr Shoult's background?

horsemadmom Thu 26-Jan-17 14:53:49

It's strong on everything. Loads of STEM girls.
This year's admission cycle, every single Classics applicant got an Oxbridge offer. Last year, only one missed.
Seriously, our girls cried at his final assembly.

LondonMum8 Thu 26-Jan-17 15:42:49

Wow, that's quite a recommendation. Yeah, the NLCS 7+ maths sample paper was the hardest I found. Thanks again.

LondonMum8 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:19:31

Anyone else who might be able to share some insights?

morningtoncresent Mon 30-Jan-17 12:54:10

Know many local parents with daughters here. Lively, bright girls and they and their parents seem very happy with the school. Very sought after from what I hear and certainly one to consider if you live in Ealing/surroundings with lots of opportunities, trips, sports. They do Mandarin, use some of the senior facilities eg swimming pool.

LondonMum8 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:43:40

Thanks for the data point morningtoncrescent.

LondonMum8 Mon 30-Jan-17 21:44:56

BTW any view on how that school rates against local state primaries?

LondonMum8 Thu 09-Feb-17 21:19:12

Anyone else would be kind enough to share a view?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now