Talk

Advanced search

Winchester primary schools

(3 Posts)
pishedoff Wed 25-Jan-17 16:57:15

Hi

We are discussing moving to Winchester and wondered if anyone had any opinions on

Harestock primary
Weeke primary
South Wonston Primary

My DS is currently in year 3 of a 3 class per year school

Thanks!

DesperatelySeeking2016 Wed 25-Jan-17 21:23:21

I'm Winchester based but more central so don't know much about those schools. My friend's children went to South Wonston and she said there was quite a lot of movement there due to army kids. I know Chris Evans gave carfest tickets to the children of Weeke school and the people who I know with children there haven't complained. My reservation would be secondary schools, although a lot could change. With all the development going on there is talk of the catchment for the secondary schools getting tighter in which case you would potentially be stuck with Henry Beaufort (which is currently the least desirable of the 3 secondary schools but not bad at all in comparison to lots of schools around the country!).

pishedoff Wed 25-Jan-17 21:41:17

Hi desperately,

Funnily enough our eldest is currently at Henry Beaufort! We're not moving far, only from Basingstoke. Our reason for wanting to move is due to wanting our youngest to eventually go to HB and our eldest is keen to go to Peter Symonds

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now