Talk

Advanced search

Primary School Admissions - I have made a big mistake

(10 Posts)
HardRockHallelujah Sun 22-Jan-17 19:19:26

I've just realised that I have missed the deadline to submit my dd's proof of address / council tax letter by nearly a week. This is for a school place in England. I made the application itself in plenty of time. I'm panicking that I have messed everything up as I have an older dc that goes to that school. Does anyone have any experience of this situation? Will they have allocated the places already. Any advice gratefully received.

smellyboot Sun 22-Jan-17 19:58:35

Places wont be allocated for a while yet as loads of checks need to be done etc first. Just call the LA at 9am!

Otterspotter Sun 22-Jan-17 20:05:18

In my borough we had until 31st January to submit documents

HardRockHallelujah Sun 22-Jan-17 20:15:36

I will definitely call them as soon as they open tomorrow. It was very clear on the paperwork that we had to submit by 16 January or the application wouldn't be considered under the catchment area criteria. I am panicking slightly sad

Melstarrynight Sun 22-Jan-17 20:21:34

I didn't realise I had to submit mine when applying a couple of years ago. They emailed me and asked for them. I think it was February. I wouldn't worry. I read the info properly this year though wink

SmileAndNod Sun 22-Jan-17 21:27:39

I've not submitted any documents shock

BananaDaiquiri Sun 22-Jan-17 22:47:32

Smile and nod - you may not have to. When I did eldest application we didn't have to upload any supporting documents, they cross-referenced council tax etc automatically. I just did DD2 application and we are in a different borough now, this time I was asked to upload birth certificate and nothing else. If you did an online application it should have told you if you needed to upload anything else.
HardRock, try not to worry, just give them call.

SmileAndNod Mon 23-Jan-17 07:17:23

Phew. It did ask for council tax ref number so maybe its done automatically then.

ExcellentWorkThereMary Mon 23-Jan-17 07:21:34

This happened to me. I called them and was told just to forward docs ASAP, and that the "actual" deadline was sometime in February but they tell people January. I had to send a child benefit letter and I didn't have one so was waiting for CB office to send me one and it didn't come in time.

HardRockHallelujah Mon 23-Jan-17 10:54:17

Thanks for the replies. I called them first thing and they confirmed receipt of the document. They said it won't make any difference to my dd's application. So relieved 😌

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now