Talk

Advanced search

How long to publish Ofsted report?

(24 Posts)
wevecomeonholidaybymistake Fri 20-Jan-17 21:07:07

DC's school was inspected beginning of December. The report still hasn't been published.
Just wondering how long they usually take? It was RI before so thinking it probably isn't good news.

user1483972886 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:15:50

What is RI? Needs improvement? We waited about 5 weeks for ours last summer and I guess you need to factor the 2 week Christmas holiday in...

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Fri 20-Jan-17 21:21:50

Yes Requires improvement.

Yes it's maybe the holidays holding things up.

littlenicky61 Fri 20-Jan-17 21:29:08

Its usually around 14 working days ( excluding half terms bank holidays weekends etc ) however it can take longer if the conclusion is RI or requiring special measures

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Fri 20-Jan-17 21:44:27

That is my fear.

LucyLocketLostHerPocket Fri 20-Jan-17 22:16:57

One of our schools was inspected first week of December and the report was online a week ago so about 6 weeks with Christmas in the middle.

FrayedHem Fri 20-Jan-17 23:04:55

You can check the most recently published reports for your LA on the Ofsted website - it will give you an idea of the inspection vs published date in your area.

Ours was about 7 weeks but that did include October half term. It also went from RI to inadequate.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Fri 20-Jan-17 23:09:58

It depends on what the judgement means for the school. And if the inspectors are in agreement. The school will get the chance to respond to the report before its published too.

reynoldsnumber Fri 20-Jan-17 23:31:50

It took at least 2 months for the report to be on Ofsted. The school handed out copies before that though. And that was normal results

Bluebird23 Fri 20-Jan-17 23:33:47

I read somewhere that an ofsted report should be published within 19 working days.
If the grade is a 3 or 4 the school is given a little more time to respond / comment. This usually adds another 4 or 5 working days so approx 24 working days.

bojorojo Sat 21-Jan-17 08:44:23

It can vary. Normally it would be published by now. So if a response is being considered it is not really late.

Ofsted have lots of information on their web site regarding how they inspect a school so you could look at this. I didn't think it gave prescriptive timetables though.

If you are worried about the result then you could look at the newly published Progress data on the Government's web site. If it is below or very below average then you may have cause for concern. Ofsted will have had similar data when they inspected so if it is poor, then the inspectors will investigate why.

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 21-Jan-17 08:54:30

I know the SATS results were dreadful...

Bluebird23 Sat 21-Jan-17 11:04:20

www.gov.uk/guidance/being-inspected-as-a-maintained-school-or-academy

This gives the time lines depending on the grading.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Sat 21-Jan-17 12:54:11

Lots of SATs results were dreadful, because of the changes from levels to ARE.

If the school has challenged the judgement, it would take longer because they would have to investigate further.

StillRabbit Sat 21-Jan-17 20:55:42

I think Ofsted are snowed under at the moment. My school were already 'good' so had a one day inspection, they didn't return for a second day so the school basically knew that we were remaining 'good'. We didn't get the draft report for over a month and it wasn't published until nearly two months after the inspection.

LALALALALAND Sat 21-Jan-17 23:36:03

Lots of December 7th week coming through now alongside a few from the week after. I know several waiting to be published from early December which are good- no rhyme or reason as to why some are published before others.

grumpypug Sun 22-Jan-17 00:21:23

The school where I work took 6-7 weeks. We went to good from RI. hopefully you will hear soon (our SATs results weren't great either).

PurpleAlerts Sun 22-Jan-17 00:31:32

I know of one school who was inspected on 16th December whose report has just gone online- they were good and remained good.

Effic Sun 22-Jan-17 00:49:26

Ofsted admin is chronically understaffed and often way behind. Random Reports also get selected for QA at various levels which means they are in the system longer. At the moment, it very normal for a 8-10 week wait for a report for no reason.

Roomba Sun 22-Jan-17 09:24:44

My DC's school was inspected last year and it took over eight weeks for the report to appear. They were Good and remained Good, so I don't think the wait indicates a negative outcome.

KernowYardie Sun 22-Jan-17 21:11:00

An Ofsted report should be published within three school weeks unless the school challenge it. They cannot challenge the grade given but they can challenge the wording of the report. That being said, one of our cluster schools had an inspection, was given a grade and when the report went to QA, there was not enough evidence found and so the school was reinspected. This is very rare and the only instance of this I have ever heard happening.

wevecomeonholidaybymistake Sat 28-Jan-17 17:37:26

Well as expected it's not good, not good at all.
The only way is up eh?

FrayedHem Sat 28-Jan-17 18:14:16

Sorry to hear that. But yes, for our school the only possible route is up and Ofsted are all over them.

Bluebird23 Sat 28-Jan-17 18:24:52

Sorry to hear that the report isn't a good one. I hope the School responds well and improvements are made swiftly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now