Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DD has proved me right

(8 Posts)
Katymac Fri 23-Feb-07 22:25:36

I am having a very mixed day - with sad news about my nana & lovely news about my DD

She moved school in Spet after a longterm bullying situation

Her report at the old school in July 05 was
“not badly behaved but seems to lack motivation” “minor rebellious phases” “erratic work” and that she is not “enthuse(d)”.

I was very upset by this as I consider DD to be bright

When she moved school the old school suggested she went into bottom sets for Maths & English - but after a trial day they put her in the lower middle set (5 sets)

By the end of the first half term she was in the middle group and by Christmas she was in the upper middle group for English - Today she moved to the top set

She is (I understand in the upper middle for Maths as well)

I am mind blown buy this

Milliways Fri 23-Feb-07 22:37:14

for you Katymac! Glad that your instincts were correct & that your DD is happy now!

Is she enjoying the new school? Plenty of friends etc?

Katymac Fri 23-Feb-07 22:38:38

Some friends rather than plenty - but "top" set out of 145 children wow!!

ATM she wants to give up everything (brownies/piano/youth club) but I hope it is jsut a stage

Ladymuck Fri 23-Feb-07 22:38:47

So glad this is turning out so well for you both. Bullyig is so awful isn't. This just shows what a fresh start can do. Well done for going through with it!

pooka Fri 23-Feb-07 22:39:58

How fantastic that your instincts have been proven right and your dd is fulfilling her potential. You must be so proud.

Katymac Fri 23-Feb-07 22:43:13

I'm sorry to go on - but she moved from (effectively) bottem set (where old school would have put her) to top set in less than 6m

She came top in SAT for English & maths for her group

oops Fri 23-Feb-07 22:45:01

Message withdrawn

Katymac Fri 23-Feb-07 22:51:15

It is fab for her self esteem

Mind you her SE isn't suffering atm (tho' it was ages ago -during the problem - it has been steadily getting better)Stroppy madam (well she is 9 )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now