Talk

Advanced search

5+ downloadable practise worksheet reccomendation anyone?

(8 Posts)
paperclippy Wed 18-Jan-17 22:30:39

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody knew where I could download 5+ practise material? I am not keen to send my DC to a tutor, but would like workbooks / booklets to help bring some structure to their learning. Does anyone know of websites or tutors who might be selling just the worksheets? I have the bond series of books already; I am looking for worksheets that compile Maths, English, Handwriting, Sequencing etc such that everything is in one place. Any help is appreciated

Bigbiscuits Thu 19-Jan-17 06:50:45

I don't think such a thing exists

I think you need to chill out. There is very little prep you can do. And believe me the last thing you want to have a an over-prepared child selected as they just won't keep up.

And I saw this as a mum who had 2 boys admitted to one of the more popular schools on here at 5+

lunchboxtroubles Thu 19-Jan-17 10:28:18

for the assessments coming up next month, or next year?

paperclippy Thu 19-Jan-17 11:12:18

Next year

Bigbiscuits Thu 19-Jan-17 11:40:18

Would recommend reading and talking together

Do some nice trips to museums / landmarks etc and chat about what you see. If in London, visit tower bridge and Big Ben etc.

They want to see a bright confident boy with an interest in the world. Not someone who has been subjected to death by worksheet.

lunchboxtroubles Thu 19-Jan-17 20:21:10

I'm not aware of any branded for 5+, but Kumon do a huge range of workbooks (here is an example www.amazon.co.uk/d/cka/My-First-Book-Tracing-Kumons-Practice-Books/4774307076 ) - they have them for mazes, cutting, tracing, letters, number and basic sums. They would all be good for 5+ and you could just start at the level your child is at now and work up

Pud2 Thu 19-Jan-17 20:45:26

Read to your child, play with your child and talk with them. Put the workbooks away. Their natural intelligence will emerge

Nneoma Thu 19-Jan-17 22:43:39

Ubrainy is a good website

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now