Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Maths app help

(11 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Tue 17-Jan-17 16:08:05

Cab anyone recommend an app that will help my dd improve her maths a bit. Something reasonably fun which will actually increase her math skills at the same time.

There is a school based game called sum dog but she hates it so looking fir an alternative

Tia

LieInRequired Tue 17-Jan-17 16:11:38

With my DD I use Math Bingo and Times Table Mountain. I also tried Hit the Button but she did not like this much (it felt like too much pressure to answer quickly).

onemouseplace Tue 17-Jan-17 16:11:46

How old is she? My DD (7) and DS (5) both adore Pet Bingo. They have to answer sums (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division - easy to hard) from the given answers on a bingo board, and when they get a line, they either get a pet they can name or food to feed the pet.

Pigeonpost Tue 17-Jan-17 16:12:16

Doodle Maths works well for my son (aged 8)

Gazelda Tue 17-Jan-17 16:14:12

DD uses Doodlemaths too. It assesses her current knowledge, then gradually introduces new subjects. She gets rewarded with coins she can spend on her doodle pet.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 17-Jan-17 16:18:36

She's 10 would that be too old for doodle maths?

I like the sound of it

Gazelda Tue 17-Jan-17 17:40:58

I don't think 10 is too old. It's aimed at 7-11, but I'm pretty sure they also do one for 12+.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 17-Jan-17 17:47:13

I have downloaded both thank yousmile

I've only got the free trial part though will she be able to access enough without the full 3.99 app?

witchface Thu 19-Jan-17 10:22:44

we like king of maths

umizoomi Thu 19-Jan-17 10:24:42

We used Sumdog at our school but then Sumdog changed the structure and it's rubbish.

We now use Mathletics but I don't know if this is available as a stand- alone thing.

Hit the button is good for rapid-fire mental maths

katiehigham Mon 13-Feb-17 21:33:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now