Talk

Advanced search

Thinking of moving to Walthamstow - but which bit?

(6 Posts)
01forLondon Tue 17-Jan-17 10:09:25

Not sure whether to post here or in property. Planning to move this year and rent, and we're considering Walthamstow. It looks like there are two potential areas - one around Winns Avenue / Forest Road, which puts you in the catchment for a few 'outstanding' schools. And then a bit further south nearer Henry Maynard and Barclay schools. Anyone got any experiences of schools in these areas? Or even just living round there! We'd be moving from Shoreditch and have two DC, aged 3 and 9 weeks. So good primaries and nurseries would be v important!

Terentia Tue 17-Jan-17 13:14:14

In terms of schools, a friend of mine has a child at Greenleaf primary and is very happy with it - she's also a big cheerleader for Walthamstow in general. She also recommends (via other parent and school tours) Henry Maynard, both sites of Hillyfield Academy and St Mary's C of E.

01forLondon Wed 18-Jan-17 10:35:10

Thanks Ternetia. Green leaf and HM have tiny catchments too which I guess would back up the fact that they're popular! Good to hear something positive about Hillyfields.

Anyone else? TIA smile

Oriunda Wed 18-Jan-17 12:28:21

There's a Facebook page called Walthamstow Parents - join that and ask. Very active community.

01forLondon Thu 19-Jan-17 10:19:34

Yes I've seen it, thank you. Been waiting for a few days for them to approve my request to join! Hopefully I'll be able to get on there soon.

happy2bhomely Thu 19-Jan-17 10:32:03

I went to Henry Maynard school!

I grew up in Walthamstow on Pembroke rd, (very close to Maynard rd) and also lived in the Lloyds Park area for a while.

Both areas are nice. I still live nearby, in Woodford Green.

I don't know anything about the schools though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now