Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Comfy girls school trousers

(16 Posts)
attheendoftheday Wed 11-Jan-17 14:30:11

Can anyone recommend where to get comfy school trousers for my 5yo dd in y1? We have some from M&S at the moment which she's not too keen on. At home she dislikes real trousers and will only wear leggings or dresses. I have seen other girls with trousers that look like Leggings type fabric but not sure where they're from.

TIA

christinarossetti Wed 11-Jan-17 15:26:51

I bought these for my 9 year old in the autumn, and she's worn them every day. They're standing up well for H&M clothes.

www2.hm.com/en_gb/productpage.0424317002.html

christinarossetti Wed 11-Jan-17 15:29:27

Sorry, just seen that your dd is younger. They may well do something similar for younger girls.

Waitingforsleep Wed 11-Jan-17 21:32:04

Asda have some lovely jersey type ones I ordered online last year

MiaowTheCat Thu 12-Jan-17 08:18:02

Asda jersey type ones are nice and soft and comfortable. Not the greatest if you've got a tall slim waisted child though in terms of me spending half my life yelling at DD1 to pull her trousers up!

Didiplanthis Thu 12-Jan-17 12:25:41

Sainsburies do similar. If your dd is tall and slim the m+s pull on jersey type ones are a better shape.

smellyboot Thu 12-Jan-17 14:40:19

Asda jersey ones. Sainsbury's too but I found they bobbled

Helspopje Thu 12-Jan-17 14:44:08

M&s jersy ones. Look like yoga trousers

DubiousCredentials Thu 12-Jan-17 14:44:33

I always buy dd the Next jersey ones. They are lovely and soft with a nice comfy waistband and come in slim fit as well which is great for tiny long legged dd. Wash and wear well, don't need ironing and sell well on ebay afterwards!! Highly recommended.

They do shrink slightly in the leg after the first wash so buy to allow for that.

m.next.co.uk/g502490s16#806282]

Lindy2 Thu 12-Jan-17 14:53:07

The Asda jersey ones are very good and only £4 a pair too. Very soft material but hard wearing.

cattypussclaw Thu 12-Jan-17 15:09:23

These are the best I've found:

https://m.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girls'-pull-on-school-trousers/grey/p/1115963

Comfy, hard wearing and they don't shrink in the tumble drier (looking at you, Next).

SittingDrinkingTea Thu 12-Jan-17 15:18:15

Another vote for the Asda ones, they're like leggings at the top and come in nice soft jersey.

attheendoftheday Fri 13-Jan-17 08:10:06

Fabulous, thank you very much. Off to try some of the places you've suggested!

MerylPeril Fri 13-Jan-17 08:12:14

Also voting for asda jersey - need another pair but all stock disappeared for Xmas!

GieryFas Fri 13-Jan-17 19:39:30

Another vote for Asda jersey school trousers - I don't usually buy from them as we don't have a local one so I end up paying postage, but they are comfy (dd1 has a thing about anything stiff or with a tight waistband and generally only wears leggings) and (crucially) they always seem to have some in stock. Unlike Tesco, who appear to think my children only grow over the summer.

Clutterbugsmum Fri 13-Jan-17 21:02:54

I agree with the try Next or Asda for their Jersey trousers. I have had both for my DD2 as she has very little space between her hip and bottom rib so she doesn't like trousers with 'proper' waists on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now