Talk

Advanced search

Private primary schools in Shenfield/brentwood

(4 Posts)
aimipalmer81 Tue 10-Jan-17 20:55:49

We are moving back to the UK from America and looking at moving to Essex. Our search for an area to live is based on a reasonable commute into Canary Wharf, matched with a good private primary school for my daughters. I would love any information that anyone can provide regarding primary schools in these areas. Many thanks

Elvesandthepoomaker Wed 11-Jan-17 14:22:28

Hi - good luck with the move. I don't have any new info but found these old threads for you:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/2606397-Hutton-Mount-Schools

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/2758783-Primary-schools-Brentwood

Alex83 Wed 11-Jan-17 21:41:38

Hi, private primaries in Brentwood/Shenfield are:

Brentwood School- regarded as the top school in the area (priced to match!) and goes all the way through to 18 years old. Amazing facilities and grounds. I think quite competitive to get in to.

Woodlands- primary only. Two sites, Hutton Manor and Great Warley. Lovely schools, more about the whole child type education. Lovely grounds and facilities.

Herrington House- Hutton Mount (Shenfield Station). Primary only. Very focused on academics, can seem a bit 'hot house' to some. Not very good facilities and little outdoor space. Get very good results in getting kids into selective secondaries (with scholarships) and grammars though.

Ursuline Prep- Brentwood. RC prep school. Don't know much about this school but meant to be good.

A bit further afield in Chelmsford (25 mins drive) you have some more prep schools- St Cedds, St Anne's, Widford Lodge and more. There's also St John's in Billericay (20 mins drive) which gets mixed reviews and takes ages 4-16.

Please feel free to PM me if you want. Good luck with the move!

Ssawhne1 Wed 22-Mar-17 12:36:06

Hi,

I'm thinking of sending my little boy to private school. I've looked at Brentwood, Herrington House, Ursuline Prep, and Woodlands Warley. They are all nice but what I can not workout is why Woodlands charges the most and by most, I mean it even charges more than Brentwood school.

Anyone have any info regarding the schools? By info, I mean any personal stories or recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now