Talk

Advanced search

Anti bullying policy

(6 Posts)
PotteryLottery Tue 27-Dec-16 21:11:47

A KS2 classmate of DD's mocked her heritage.

Prior to that there have been several instances of unkindness towards DD, not related to heritage, but which I believe stem from jealousy over friendships.

Will it just be the anti bullying policy which applies or will a primary school have any other guidelines to follow with regards to racism?

And will the child's parents be informed?

Figure17a Tue 27-Dec-16 21:21:09

They should have an Equality scheme too

mrz Wed 28-Dec-16 07:10:02

Have you spoken to the school?

PotteryLottery Wed 28-Dec-16 08:42:49

It happened at end of term so I will speak to them in New Year.

I don't know what I can reasonably expect school to do, and am also worried about awkwardness at school gate if the child's parents are informed.

mrz Wed 28-Dec-16 09:13:38

The school has a duty to record any incidents which can be construed as being racist as well as a duty to take sustained "unkindness" towards a single child.

irvineoneohone Wed 28-Dec-16 10:14:57

It is a difficult subject, isn't it?
My ds is as legally British as others in school, but he has quite strong feature of my heritage. I have seen many occasions that my ds was mocked for it in the past. But he doesn't seems like he is bothered. Once he was repeatedly told "he wasn't English, he is XXX", by one child, ds just kept telling the child, "I am", repeatedly.
I try not to intervene, since he can defend himself.
But when it became more serious racist issue, I don't know when to intervene as a parent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now