Talk

Advanced search

Quick question term time hol year 5 or 6?

(7 Posts)
Waitingforsleep Sun 25-Dec-16 22:37:56

Not wanting to debate but wondering if any is better than the other for a term time hol the October of year 5 or 6? Wondered if year 5 better or if it is the same..
Thanks

lljkk Sun 25-Dec-16 22:39:38

I took DS out in May of yr5. The real drilling for SATs tends to start in January of yr6, so I don't think there's much difference for your possibilities.

Waitingforsleep Sun 25-Dec-16 22:51:00

Was wondering if the oct of year 6 may be start of preparing for sats but yes may be a bit early. Can't decide between the oct year 5 and year 6 or
Maybe as you say there is not much in it thanks

Dixiechickonhols Mon 26-Dec-16 11:07:09

High school open evenings are September to mid October, deadline for applying is 31/10 in yr 6. If you are in a selective area 11+ is September but I think some London areas have a 2 part test with round 2 in October. Some private schools have entry tests November around here.

AuntieStella Mon 26-Dec-16 11:08:15

Neither!

But if you really have no option then year 5 is the lesser of two weevils.

catslife Mon 26-Dec-16 12:15:16

Y5 would be the better i.e. least worst option.
The deadline for state secondary school applications is October in Year 6 so this is a busy time as most schools have open days / evenings in late September / early October.

thisagain Mon 26-Dec-16 18:02:26

Personally I think year 5 is an important year but would still have to choose this over year 6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now