Talk

Advanced search

Applying to the Lycee help

(10 Posts)
Mamabear12 Thu 15-Dec-16 07:47:00

Hello. Any advice when applying for a spot in the lycee? Does it help to call them? Also, does anyone know the ranking date for 2016? It says online for September 2017 intake it is April 15. But for innuear transfers applying now they would be considered under the 2016 ranking date.

Bobochic Thu 15-Dec-16 07:49:00

Are you talking about the lycée CDG? In year transfers aren't really a thing in the French system and nor is cslling.

Mamabear12 Thu 15-Dec-16 07:56:24

It seems in year transfers do happen, as I have spoken with them. And obviously it only happens if there is a spot available. Not sure what you mean by cslling?

Bobochic Thu 15-Dec-16 08:50:35

calling

In year transfers are unusual. I have known many families move to London from Paris and attempt to move their DC to the lycée or other French schools and, because those schools are highly oversubscribed, it is very difficult. The only families I know to have been successful were French celebrities with special issues (security).

Mamabear12 Thu 15-Dec-16 10:05:48

Yes, I know it's very difficult. But not impossible at the school we are applying, as I have heard it happening before for normal people. However, I understand that chance is so small. I'm just wondering if there is anything that helps to make you stand out more like calling etc. I have already received an email saying our application has been received. And another email saying her application has been registered with the school and the office would be in touch next week (this week and I'm still waiting!). And I've also been told from the school there is mobility and families do move back to France or abroad during the school year so it's not impossible. And btw I'm not talking about the South Kensington site as I know that's the most difficult to get into.

Bobochic Thu 15-Dec-16 10:21:51

I expect the best thing would be to get a rich and powerful friend to call them!

Mamabear12 Thu 15-Dec-16 10:26:00

Haha. Geez. wish they would decide via interviewing parents and meeting the children instead! Our charm would win them over 😃

Mamabear12 Fri 16-Dec-16 10:43:38

OMG! I AM IN COMPLETE SHOCK! MY DD GOT A SPOT!!! So Bobchic, we have our answer - you can transfer mid year and you don't have to be a celebrity or have someone famous call on your behalf smile You can be a normal person and get in (with a little luck and magic star dust lol).

Bobochic Fri 16-Dec-16 11:00:34

Well done! Where are you transferring from?

Mamabear12 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:22:24

I send you a direct message

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now