Talk

Advanced search

Thomas's Clapham

(6 Posts)
farfallarocks Tue 29-Nov-16 17:54:59

Evening all, has anyone got experience of being on the waiting list at this school? We really liked the school on our visit and we were impressed with the head and his efforts to remove the 'hothouse' label the school has.
It is very convenient location wise and I really like all the extra curricular activities available.
DD is a full on, confident little girl and I am convinced she would thrive there. She was a bit ill on the day of her assessment and i could tell she wasn't going to be on 'good form.'I am uneasy with the whole concept of assessing three year olds but setting that aside, how likely is it that we get offered a place?
I have heard rumours that you have to have gone to a feeder nursery to have a realistic chance of getting in.
The registrar has been helpful but fairly non-committal on our chances so I am keen to hear any success stories! thanks

farfallarocks Wed 30-Nov-16 16:11:34

Bump

housemum123 Wed 30-Nov-16 17:12:40

fulham prep school - girl to boy ratio diversity. any knowledge

eeyoresgrumpierfriend Thu 01-Dec-16 09:33:03

Last year half of the kids on the waiting list were offered places so your chances are good. Phone once a week to remind them how keen you are. Lots of movement right up until the start of term as state school lists move.

AnotherNewt Thu 01-Dec-16 09:41:11

Full on and confident sounds about right for the school, which definitely has a reputation for suiting the robust.

There's always lots of 'churn' round there, so even if you don't secure an offer straight off there's still a good chance of getting one before Sept of at some point in the reception year.

If you do end up on the waiting list, expect movement when state school offers are made, as those getting Belleville/Honeywell places may well relinquish a private offer (even at cost of lost deposit, as it saves so much money in the long run).

farfallarocks Thu 01-Dec-16 10:18:32

Many thanks, I have called a couple of times but conscious of not being a total pain! I did have a friend who was offered a place in August so I have heard it goes
Right to the wire!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now