Talk

Advanced search

Up to date views on Feltonfleet vs Danes Hill schools please

(5 Posts)
lors2706 Sat 26-Nov-16 15:43:12

We are currently living in the Middle East and returning to live in Weybridge next summer ready for our twin boys to enter school at Y3 in Sep 2017. They have been offered places at both Feltonfleet and Danes Hill and we are finding it difficult to choose between the two. The boys are quite different - one academic/sporty child and the other who struggles a bit with literacy and is more into art/drama/music than sport but will always have a go. Obviously, the school run to Danes Hill from Weybridge concerns me and although I am aware of the school bus from Weybridge, I am not too keen on putting 2 x 7 years olds on the bus to start with. Also, Danes Hill is obviously a bigger school than Feltonfleet which has its pros and cons. I would welcome any views (positive and negative) of others' experiences at these schools. TIA

lors2706 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:47:43

Has anyone got any feedback at all - please please please!

Squiggles1 Sat 10-Dec-16 21:33:43

I live in the area and both schools are excellent. I have been to both schools on occasions, usually a sporting fixture, but have also visited the schools with the idea of putting my children there. Danes Hill is large and suits many, but if your child prefers a more nurturing and personal environment then perhaps Feltonfleet might be better.
On the commute side both schools are no fun to get to. Feltonfleet, although closer and supposedly easier, is on a really busy road right next to the A3, which is prone to huge amounts of traffic. To be honest, local traffic is generally horrendous round here anyway!
If you live in Weybridge why would you not consider St Georges Junior School? My DD is there and loves it. I too am very happy with the school.

lors2706 Sun 11-Dec-16 15:19:34

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, St G only offered a place to one of my boys :-( think we are going to go with FF as they are used to a smaller school and traffic aside, it is closer so will help with my sanity as my husband will continue to work abroad in the medium-term. Thanks again

lors2706 Sun 11-Dec-16 15:19:34

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately, St G only offered a place to one of my boys :-( think we are going to go with FF as they are used to a smaller school and traffic aside, it is closer so will help with my sanity as my husband will continue to work abroad in the medium-term. Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now