Talk

Advanced search

Gentle school in Bromley/Chislehurst

(5 Posts)
Sallyssss Wed 19-Oct-16 20:10:20

Hi,
We're moving back to Chislehurst and I'm looking for a primary school for my little one. He is 5 years old and has speech problems - mainly a stutter. We're at a great school at the moment - no stupid government testing. Just gentle Montessori type learning. Is there anywhere like that in Chislehurst/Bromley? We can afford private - but I definitely don't want him to go to a pushy prep.

Can anyone help?!

Andcake Wed 19-Oct-16 21:53:29

Try the bromley board I am sure someone will help there. We live in a different part of Bromley and there are some lovely schools in the borough

Needmorewine Thu 20-Oct-16 18:15:36

Have you looked at Farringtons? We are considering it for DD in Sept. I'm teaching in a Bromley school at the moment and the pressure to get all pupils to meet / exceed the expected levels in huge, just what I don't want for DD. Farrongtons

SisterViktorine Thu 20-Oct-16 18:19:01

There will be pressure in any state school these days. Schools vary in how much they pass that pressure on to the pupils but it is inevitably there.

beautifulgirls Thu 20-Oct-16 19:05:11

Have 2x DD at Farringtons junior section and find them very supportive and it is a happy environment. One has dyslexia and is well supported by the school. Good range of ability there and they support both the able and less able well in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now