Sevenoaks prep or Radnor House Sevenoaks-advice needed

(6 Posts)
Oddiegirl3 Thu 06-Oct-16 14:59:58

Hi

We are thinking of moving to Sevenoaks to reduce commuting time for hubby and because we want to be closer to London and friends we have near Orpington/Turnbridge Wells. Our DS is currently in Year 1 in another prep in Kent. We also have a DD who is rising 3 so can start nursery class in January. We have been looking at Sevenoaks prep and Radnor House but it's still confusing and I wonder whether anyone has experience of either of these schools? I am more tempted by Radnor House but a 'new/rebranded' school feels a bit of a gamble.

Any help appreciated
thanks
Oddiegirl3

Myredrose Thu 06-Oct-16 15:02:15

I pulled my dd out of Radnor house but it was just as it was going through its conversion from Combe Bank. I was very unhappy with the school- however I think that it's going to be a good school under the new head, I just wasn't prepared to wait that long.

Myredrose Thu 06-Oct-16 15:05:47

P.S friends been very happy with Sevenoaks prep, I have only visited for matches but children been lovely.

Oddiegirl3 Fri 07-Oct-16 09:22:05

Thanks Myredrose and I hope your DD is now settled in her new school. I also worried about the fact that it might still be girls heavy until it turns fully co-ed but the head was impressive and I really liked what they are trying to do, just don't want to be guinea pigs and my DS to be in a really small cohort and limiting his friendship as a result.

charmund Fri 07-Oct-16 16:08:13

My DS started at Radnor House Twickenham when it opened with Head who is now overseeing Sevenoaks. It was a massive gamble but we couldn't have been more pleased with the result. He has just left to go to the Uni of his choice. I really rate the Head and I'm sure he'll turn it into a very good school.

Oddiegirl3 Mon 10-Oct-16 12:30:31

Thanks Charmund, I did look at some old posts about Twickenham and they all portray a very positive school/ethos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now