Talk

Advanced search

St Helens College Hillingdon

(4 Posts)
Pigletin Tue 04-Oct-16 11:01:26

Hello, I would be really grateful if any parents with older kids could give me feedback about St Helens College Hillingdon (the co-ed one, not the girls school) - overall education, ethos, positive and negative points. We are in catchment for a state school which is not very good so I am looking at alternatives and this school (along with Reddiford) is the closest to us. Any feedback in terms of how kids do there both academically and otherwise, would be much appreciated. I am trying to decide if paying for private is really worth it with this particular school. Many thanks!

Pigletin Wed 05-Oct-16 19:07:31

Anyone?

Kalina1 Fri 14-Oct-16 12:12:39

Bump as I am also interested

nishthefish Wed 07-Dec-16 13:55:36

Both my children attended St Helen's. What I like about the school is that it has a strong academic focus which is what I was looking for in a private school but at the same time, is not singularly driven. Some other private schools I know of seem to work on a very high pressured environment. St Helen's is not like that. The children and parents are encouraged to not get too obsessed with revision etc. At the same time though, homework is given daily and parents are expected to supervise the children doing this. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now