Talk

Advanced search

River house Montessori/ st Olave's/ black health - any experiences with these schools?

(3 Posts)
Mummyec Tue 04-Oct-16 09:10:43

Hi, I started searching for next year nursery class for my son, but then I found that I am too late in the game and a few of the schools are full already!!!!
Now I am calling different schools and see if I can get on to their list, any experiences with river house Montessori? The hours are very good for working parents, but a lot of people warned about the Montessori method being not 'formal' and could be a problem when the child needs to start preparing for the 11+ exam. Blackheath prep looks very corporate, st Olave's looks friendly but commute is difficult from where I live.... Any more schools you would recommend? Thanks!

fleurdelacourt Tue 04-Oct-16 09:50:43

I hear good things about St Olaves - and their results are stellar with lots of kids going onto Grammars?

BP - never heard it described as corporate - interesting! It certainly is more of a machine than St O's because it's at least twice the size with 2 classes of up to 24 kids per year. The facilities are amazing, and there are a lot of excellent teachers. My kids were very happy there.

There are downside to BP - as there are to any school - but if you have an enthusiastic, outgoing all-rounder then it can be a lot of fun.

moviebuff Thu 19-Jan-17 19:05:06

I would like to know about Riverhouse Montessori as well - its local to us but I have not heard very good things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now