Talk

Advanced search

Admission in Reception

(6 Posts)
mnyi1 Mon 03-Oct-16 21:51:30

Hello All,

We just moved to UK in September , and right now staying in Wantage. My Kid will be 5 in this November. Looking for his admission in either Wantage or Abingdon. Please suggest which is better option.

paxillin Tue 04-Oct-16 13:33:51

I think you'll be better off starting a thread with the school names in, I bet you got many clicks thinking it's a general enquiry. Have you checked if either of them has any vacancies?

PatriciaHolm Tue 04-Oct-16 13:37:42

If you are applying for state schools, talk to the LEA about where there are vacancies; you won't have much of a choice in reality, as reception classes will often be full, so they will be able to tell you where the spaces are.

They have to find you something, but at this stage it may not be in a school of your choice.

Hersetta427 Tue 04-Oct-16 14:31:30

Unless they are both under subscribed it is irrelevant which is the better school if they don't have places available. Ring the local authority and see where there are places left and make an in year admission application.

paxillin Tue 04-Oct-16 14:53:27

Agreed. For state schools at this point (and pretty much until year3), it will be a case of "get what you're given".

Idliketobeabutterfly Tue 04-Oct-16 15:45:39

I think most places will be full, have an existing wait list atm, so it is a case of you get what you get.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now