Talk

Advanced search

KS1 SATs papers

(20 Posts)
lucymal1010 Wed 14-Sep-16 20:23:28

Hi. My daughter did her ks1 sats in may. We weren't getting told the scores, we had to specifically ask for them. I wanted to see her papers to see where she might have gone wrong and had to sit in the headmistress office to look at them. I now want a copy to show her dad and grandparents and for a keepsake, but school are refusing. I've had to make a formal subject access request under the data protection act. Has anyone else had the same problem or has anyone just been given a copy?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Wed 14-Sep-16 20:32:00

I can't imagine anybody else has even bothered to ask.

Why on earth do you want copies for a keepsake? confused

AnyTheWiser Wed 14-Sep-16 20:34:35

For a keepsake? confused

If there are areas of the assessment she struggled on, I'm pretty sure her teachers will be addressing those this year.

rollonthesummer Wed 14-Sep-16 20:37:15

I now want a copy to show her dad and grandparents and for a keepsake

Really?! A test paper? Will you be requesting her original GCSE papers too?

llhj Wed 14-Sep-16 20:38:20

That's a ridiculous and disproportionate request. Are you going to request all her GCSE and A level papers?
Honestly grow up a bit.

llhj Wed 14-Sep-16 20:39:53

You sound painful.

Feenie Wed 14-Sep-16 20:54:29

Keepsake? shock Heard it all now!

spanieleyes Wed 14-Sep-16 20:54:39

Do you want a copy of her weekly spelling tests too? And her end of term assessment, her weekly comprehension, the notes made during guided reading and every other bit of assessment data maintained in the school. Because all are just as important as one test paper sat on one day in one term when making a judgement on your child's achievement in school.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Wed 14-Sep-16 20:57:13

I'm trying to imagine the look on the HT's face when she received the subject access request.

AnyTheWiser Wed 14-Sep-16 21:01:57

Oh, I'm sure they've heard it all before...

sparepantsandtoothbrush Wed 14-Sep-16 21:05:13

Seriously? I bet your name crops up a lot in the staff room confused

The2Ateam Wed 14-Sep-16 21:07:08

If you really want them, ask for them via subject access. Ignore the comments.

LadyPenelope68 Wed 14-Sep-16 21:08:28

You want them as a keepsake???? How bizarre! As a teacher I would have a confused expression if anyone asked me that!

ironrooster Wed 14-Sep-16 21:41:18

I never had this problem, school just gave me it. I've got it in a glittery frame in the hall, it's a lovely keepsake.

lucymal1010 Wed 14-Sep-16 21:42:23

I didn't want any views on why I've asked for the paper i just wanted to know of a reason why i wouldn't be legally entitled to them. But thanks for your comments.

Feenie Wed 14-Sep-16 22:19:55

I never had this problem, school just gave me it. I've got it in a glittery frame in the hall, it's a lovely keepsake

Gave you 'it'? Gave you what? How could you frame a test paper - they're several -tedious pages long! confused

AnyTheWiser Wed 14-Sep-16 22:27:30

Feenie, I think that was a joke!

Feenie Wed 14-Sep-16 22:33:01

Really? Oh, thank goodness!

This thread is like the Twilight Zone!

ToohotforaSeptday Wed 14-Sep-16 23:48:30

These days teachers have a lot on their plate already. OP you may think that it is a small request but it is extra work for the teacher and the admin staff and really just to indulge yourself.

leccybill Wed 14-Sep-16 23:57:15

A keepsake? Heard it all now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now