Talk

Advanced search

Moving schools twice

(5 Posts)
Believeitornot Sat 10-Sep-16 15:35:48

We moved house and ds was offered a place in a school the other side of town. We since put him on the waiting list for the school we preferred (walking instead of driving distance).

He's been in the school for 6 months and just started in year 2 and a place has now come up in our preferred school.

We are minded to move him but are wary for the following reasons:
- he has settled into his new school (although he settled quickly)
- he has made some friends (although no firm friends as yet)
- class size is small (23)

We want to move him because the preferred school is 5 mins walk instead of a drive and would be easier as he gets older. We have a younger child who has been offered a place in reception (she started at the other school last week but I'm less worried about moving her).

My head says to move them but my heart is worried about ds moving two schools and house in the space of 6 months.

Basically does anyone have any advice?

smellyboot Mon 12-Sep-16 22:51:31

Move. No issue. Short term pain but huge long term gain

MrEBear Mon 12-Sep-16 23:08:53

I'd move them. 7 years of driving across town is nuts. They will also get to know the kids who live nearby.

Idliketobeabutterfly Mon 12-Sep-16 23:20:14

Yep. I'd move them too.

Believeitornot Tue 13-Sep-16 06:38:14

We've moved them and they start this week shockgrinshock

We had tears when we told them and ds refused to get out of the car when we popped in on the drive back from his current school. But we walked home afterwards (dh drove the car back) and he liked just how close it was. dd wants to start now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now