Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

photos of residential

(6 Posts)
lorisparkle Wed 07-Sep-16 17:59:09

This is really a WWYD....

DS1 has gone on school residential and the school are kindly putting up photographs of the activities at the end of each day. The problem is that although there are 12 photos with groups of children on each photo there are no photos of DS1 and his friend. They have been away for 3 days now so I find it really sad that I can see his classmates having a great time but none of DS1

As a teacher myself I would try and make sure that each group of children had a photo up on the website so find it a bit strange

So should I email the school and point this out and what should I say?

yeOldeTrout Wed 07-Sep-16 18:07:40

I'm on the fence... I suppose it's a bit precious but it's not completely unreasonable to want to see just one pic.

NerrSnerr Wed 07-Sep-16 18:11:03

Has his friend's parents allowed photos to be uploaded? If they've refused it might mean all the pict is with your son on can't be put up.

iklboo Wed 07-Sep-16 18:12:22

Maybe he doesn't want to be in the photos & ducks out? DS isn't keen & has to be snapped unawares if they want to get a shot.

Heratnumber7 Wed 07-Sep-16 18:20:10

The teachers are far too busy actually looking after the kids to count how many times each child appears in each photo.
He's obvs there, and you can get a general idea of what they are doing from the photo. You'd know if there were any ishoos by now.
YABU

clam Wed 07-Sep-16 18:27:50

Oh ffs! Of course you're being unreasonable.
Sure, go ahead and complain and then ruin the whole nice idea that the staff had for including parents in what their kids are all up to. They've taken additional time out of what is a busy week to do something nice. If you whinge about it, they'll ditch the idea. (Probably with relief ) and no parent will benefit.

Or, you could just be grateful that they're all having a lovely week, due to the effort made by those staff members.

Get over yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now