Talk

Advanced search

Independant Junior Schools in Wilmslow area

(6 Posts)
Dadsnet73 Mon 05-Sep-16 15:05:50

I am the father of a girl who is 4 in November. We live on the Summerfields Development in Wilmslow and she currently goes to the Pepperberry Nursery in South Wilmslow. Most of her friends will be going to Gorsey Bank but we are not in the catchment area so are looking at the various independent schools in the area. I found a really useful article on Mumsnet where a mother who was new to the area was asking local mum's their opinions of the various independent schools but the thread was from 2011 so is now quite old. AESG had a new headmaster at the time who had caused quite a stir as did Wilmslow Prep. I'd value any more recent feedback as they all talk a good game.

Dadsnet73 Mon 05-Sep-16 15:17:51

Here is the original thread: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary/1221664-Prep-schools-in-Wilmslow-surrounds

smellyboot Mon 05-Sep-16 16:40:20

What catchment are you in? Lacey Green is near there isn't and that's excellent

Dadsnet73 Tue 06-Sep-16 07:38:54

Hi Smellyboot, unfortunately we're not in the catchment area for Lacey Green either. A recent baby boom has narrowed down the catchment areas of all schools in the area.

smellyboot Tue 06-Sep-16 19:28:05

I hear that is the case with fiends worried a bit getting into high school. Hopefully so,e one will come along who knows about other options!

admission Wed 07-Sep-16 23:08:55

The situation in schools in Wilmslow area is not good.Most primary schools are full and for some like Lacey Green and Gorsey Bank very over subscribed, leading to many not getting a school place, though they are in catchment.
Not sure which school you will be in catchment for but I would visit schools ASAP, both independent and state and see what you think of them. Gut feeling does come into this and if you think one is the right one for your child then go for it. However assuming you do apply for a state school as a back-stop,make sure that you do put down your catchment school as one of the preferences, as this is more likely to be a reasonable bet for being given a place at.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now