Talk

Advanced search

Private dentist for primary age kids...how to find?

(4 Posts)
schooling123 Mon 05-Sep-16 08:12:23

My son has a lkt of holes on his teeth. We are on NhS and the eoctir does 1 tooth at eaxh appoitment. Then wait 2 months fpt another...while teeth are decaying etc
Wpuld private rpute be better?

McNally Mon 05-Sep-16 19:27:00

I would have thought that a private dentist would be able to sort things out more quickly than that, yes. If there's a lot of work it might be expensive though. I'd find one that's convenient to you and ask if there's anyone who is good with children (and how much it will cost). Think you are right to try to push things along.

ReallyTired Wed 07-Sep-16 14:14:56

My children see a private dentist. It's not cheap, but the emphasis is on prevention rather than drill and fill. They go to Senova Dental in Watford.

www.senovadental.com

At the age of seven my son had awful baby teeth. He even had a tooth extracted. Thankfully his adult teeth were perfect and at the age of 14 he doesn't have a single filling in his mouth. Ds had fissure sealents to protect his adult teeth. He also sees the dental hygienist every six months for a scale and polish as well and a dental education session. His teeth have been treated with a Flouride bath to harden the enamel. We also had a food diary to see why he was getting so much tooth decay.

I pay roughly £18 month for both children. It's not cheap, but the results have been worth it.

BusStopBetty Wed 07-Sep-16 18:10:30

You could also ask for a referral to a hospital paediatric dentist. They may need sedation or a general to be able to treat them all at once?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now