Talk

Advanced search

Can my daughters primary school place be taken?

(6 Posts)
abiigrant Wed 31-Aug-16 21:14:24

we were living with my mum last November when I applied for local schools. My mother and I had an argument and she kicked me and my daughter out - we are now living in a lovely flat of our own. My daughter got accepted into our first choice - but with my mothers address. My daughter starts school next Friday - will her place be taken away when I tell them we now live 5 minute walk further away?

Coconutty Wed 31-Aug-16 21:27:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bangingmyheadoffabrickwall Wed 31-Aug-16 21:34:10

I think you need to prove that you were living at the address up until the deadline for applications (*I think*)

prh47bridge Wed 31-Aug-16 22:41:29

They cannot take the place away just because you have moved. It may trigger them to look into whether your application was fraudulent, e.g. you lived with your mother to get a place at your preferred school but always had another home lined up. If they conclude your application was fraudulent they can take the place away. However, as long as you have acted honestly you should be ok.

Frazzled2207 Wed 31-Aug-16 22:44:32

You may need to prove you were at your mothers when you applied and also prove when you moved.

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Wed 31-Aug-16 22:49:17

I'm in Scotland so it may be different but we moved after my dd had enrolled and even though we were out of catchment they couldn't take the place away.
The only problem is that in theory dd2 might not get a place in the school.

(it wasn't a plan by the way, I got given notice on my rented place)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now