Talk

Advanced search

Anyone dreading the return to school?

(11 Posts)
hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:38:17

DS absolutely hates it. In the process of moving him. Just dreading the September start but trying to enjoy these last few weeks! Anyone else?

Ledkr Sun 21-Aug-16 08:42:31

I normally do and am not looking forward to being back on the old treadmill of uniform and packed lunches but dd2 who is five, is driving me slightly potty as she constantly wants to be doing stuff or seeing friends. She gets up early and starts asking where we are going what we are doing etc.
So actually, this holiday I'll not be too sad no.
Dd1 will be gutted tho grin
When is your ds likely to get a move?

hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:46:50

Only when a space comes up or we win an appeal 😁😁

catkind Sun 21-Aug-16 08:52:22

That doesn't sound good. How old is he? Will you have to start him back at his old school if nothing comes up at the beginning of term?

I am so-so looking forward to DS going back. Have hopes of him loving Y3, but Y2 did have some issues. Looking forward to DD starting reception as she is super-excited about it and generally a much more school-shaped child than DS.

hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:57:57

Yes will have to start back sad
What happened in year 2 catkid?
I should have moved him a long time ago, but you always think it will improve don't you.

catkind Sun 21-Aug-16 09:52:54

Nothing dreadful, just DS not liking writing (too hard) and not liking maths (too easy). Yr 3 has lots of music and swimming which DS should love, and hopefully the maths curriculum has now caught up with DS and his writing has caught up a bit too. What about you? Is there anything particular wrong at school for your DS, or just hoping for a better fit?

I know what you mean about thinking things will improve, or they'll settle, or the other one will be just as bad, we had that with nurseries. Moving was def the right thing in the end there, hope it works out for your DS and schools.

Crasterwaves Mon 22-Aug-16 00:04:32

Me, definitely confused We have a very un school shaped dd starting year R - I am nervous because I know she will struggle. (She has mild Sen which doesn't help!)

louisejxxx Mon 22-Aug-16 07:15:59

I'm looking forward to see how ds gets on in year 2 and what he will be learning about. It will also be the start of dd's last year of preschool so I'm a bit gutted about that!

makingacupoftea Mon 22-Aug-16 07:23:48

I am!. One of my children will be home educated from September - he has struggled for years at school and now at age 9 we are just saying enough is enough. So I am terrified of telling the school I feel like a naughty child blushnot doing as I'm meant to!

4 of my other dcs will be going back to school and I will miss the freedom of the holidays and the hustle and bustle of having 6dcs around every day.

The youngest is 10 months so she doesn't caregrin

MiaowTheCat Mon 22-Aug-16 07:27:44

I'm looking forward to DD1 starting - she is driving me mad now with expectations to be going out and doing STUFF constantly (and it's 2 days before payday and pissing it down with rain which limits options somewhat).

I'm not looking forward to handing her over to the education system in that I really really did not like the head of the school she's going to - thankfully her class teacher seems to really be on DD1's level so hopefully she'll be OK.

blaeberry Tue 23-Aug-16 15:56:05

We have already been back a week but I enjoyed the holidays and would have liked longer. In a bit of an ongoing fight with school so feel stressed about the whole thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now