Talk

Advanced search

Schools in Birmingham

(4 Posts)
krssara Mon 08-Aug-16 16:30:40

Hi,

My name is Mina. I would to know about the best or good public schools in Birmingham as we will be moving soon to Birmingham. Can anyone please help and guide me which area is better to rent house in Birmingham and primary school near that good residential area. I would really appreciate your help.

Mina

brumteacher Tue 09-Aug-16 22:00:52

Birmingham is the biggest LEA in the country (I think) so it's hard to give you any specific information if you don't know which area you're thinking of! There's good and bad schools all over the city. Nice areas to live in are places like Bournville, which has good schools. Depending on how close to Birmingham you want to be Solihull or Sutton Coldfield might be good options for you as well.

GreenGoth89 Fri 12-Aug-16 19:16:09

Kings Heath and Mosley are good but do not try to move after January-September if you have a school in mind because there is a shortage of places city wide. In year transfers are different but it's not an easy process. Call the LEA and get advice.

BikeRunSki Fri 12-Aug-16 19:24:58

Just to avoid confusion here, but in England "Public School" means a very selective, elite fee paying school. If you want a school that is free to attend and funded by tax payers, then you want a "state school", of which many are now called "academies", although other fee-paying schools might also be called academies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now