Talk

Advanced search

Exhaustion

(11 Posts)
Floppywillow Sat 30-Jul-16 13:41:28

I just wondered if other teachers suffer like I do. The minute holidays are here my ears feel strange, very fatigued and sinus. Then I feel guilty for feeling so awful.

mrz Sat 30-Jul-16 14:53:44

I'm ill for the first week of nearly every holiday as soon as I stop it hits!

irvineoneohone Sat 30-Jul-16 15:05:17

I am not a teacher, so thank you for looking after our children all year!
Have a nice rest and have great summer! flowers

Minispringroll Sat 30-Jul-16 16:30:41

Usually, yes. Have had a cough for about a week now (started the Saturday after we broke up) but it's luckily not developed into anything else. I've only just come out of 5 weeks of a very persistent cold...21 weeks pregnant, so immune system isn't quite up to scratch at the minute anyway.

Apart from that, though, I'm never usually ill unless I change schools...at which point my body takes a little while to get used to new germs, it seems. grin Changed schools twice this year.

Floppywillow Sat 30-Jul-16 17:36:18

Thank you irvineoneohone I do love working with the children and watching them develop. This year with the new curriculum it has been hard. So just need to switch off. Have a good holiday .

CandODad Sun 31-Jul-16 14:45:17

I just qualified so don't count as a real teacher yer but after hothouse my main placements I was really ill. Right now I'm struggling to hear as my tubes are blocked as a risidual symptom of a cold.

All teachers I have spoken too have told me to expect it as the norm!

CandODad Sun 31-Jul-16 14:45:35

Yet not yer

chickenowner Mon 01-Aug-16 10:21:48

When I taught full time I used to be ill every school holiday!

YorkieDorkie Mon 01-Aug-16 10:28:05

Every holiday, yep. Fatigue hits like a ton of bricks!

Lilaclily Mon 01-Aug-16 10:29:40

It's not just teachers though
Any leave I have starts with a migraine
It's when you start to relax I think

apple1992 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:30:54

Me too, ill every holiday and often at weekends but never ever during the week! It is bizarre.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now