Wtf has happened to skirts

(6 Posts)
Gileswithachainsaw Wed 27-Jul-16 19:33:53

Went to 2 tescos today trying to track down school skirts in a desperate bid to get the shopping done bar shoes early on to avoid the stress and to ensure my whole holiday didn't have shopping hanging over it.

So far I've looked in sainsbury and M&S and tesco and the material all feels horrid and cheap. I know supermarket is cheap but this felt really tacky.

The skirt I was after (having had it before and highly rate it) was unavailable in both branches and is sold out on the tesco website too.

Due to previous uniform lasting I've not had to buy dd1 any skirts for a good while now.

When did this huge drop in standards occur? And how can online be sold out its July 😬

ShipwreckedAndComatose Thu 28-Jul-16 08:20:04

I'm guessing lots of people have done the same thing (I know I have!) and the decent ones have sold out. wait for a restock?

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 28-Jul-16 08:25:38

I'm away in a couple of weeks and can't afford to buy two lots of sizes to ensure a good fit. Given I need 3 skirts at very least...

If they don't really stock soon it's gonna be tight with timing..

buffalogrumble Thu 28-Jul-16 08:26:42

John Lewis box pleat skirts. Lovely thick fabric, looks good at end of year.

bojorojo Thu 28-Jul-16 13:20:54

On-line stores may have more stock. M and S, John Lewis etc all offer this.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 28-Jul-16 13:45:28

This was tesco online
They sold out sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now